Happily Ever After: Companion to the Selection Series is an illustrated hardcover which includes all already published novellas and new ones. It was published October 13, 2015.
Meet Prince Maxon before he fell in love with America and a girl named Amberly before she became queen. See the Selection through the eyes of a guard who watched his first love drift away and a girl who fell for a boy who wasn’t the prince. This gorgeous collection features four novellas from the captivating world of Kiera Cass’s #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series—two of which appear here in print for the first time — as well as exclusive, never-before-seen bonus content.
According to Kiera Cass, this hardcover includes:
- The Queen
- The Prince, extended version
- The Guard
- The Favorite
- Scenes from Celeste:
- The Arrival
- The Kiss
- The Departure
- The Maid (Lucy’s bonus scene from The One)
- After The One (second bonus epilogue)
- Where are they now?
- Introductions to each novella from Kiera Cass
- A map of Illéa
- Several illustrations by Sandra Suy
- Some extra content (e.g. Sneak Peak at The Siren)
- According to Kiera Cass: "This was going to be the cover art for Happily Ever After, and I totally love it. BUT it was thought by some that it might be less recognizable without America on the cover, so it was changed to her face. Just a little note on how covers work. This is also why things get changed halfway through a series. Trying to make it work."
- Kiera Cass also stated that all information which were already an extra content of The Selection Stories: The Prince and The Guard are not included in Happily Ever After.
- The book is only about the first generation of The Selection series. Thus it doesn't include any information about Eadlyn's Selection in The Heir and The Crown.
- With 416 pages, it is the biggest book of The Selection Series.