Happily Ever After: Companion to the Selection Series is an illustrated hardcover which includes all already published novellas and new ones. It was published October 13, 2015.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Meet Prince Maxon before he fell in love with America and a girl named Amberly before she became queen. See the Selection through the eyes of a guard who watched his first love drift away and a girl who fell for a boy who wasn’t the prince. This gorgeous collection features four novellas from the captivating world of Kiera Cass’s #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series—two of which appear here in print for the first time — as well as exclusive, never-before-seen bonus content.
Content[edit | edit source]
According to Kiera Cass, this hardcover includes:
- The Queen
- The Prince, extended version
- The Guard
- The Favorite
- Scenes from Celeste:
- The Arrival
- The Kiss
- The Departure
- The Maid (Lucy’s bonus scene from The One)
- After The One (second bonus epilogue)
- Where are they now?
- Introductions to each novella from Kiera Cass
- A map of Illéa
- Several illustrations by Sandra Suy
- Some extra content (e.g. Sneak Peak at The Siren)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to Kiera Cass: "This was going to be the cover art for Happily Ever After, and I totally love it. BUT it was thought by some that it might be less recognizable without America on the cover, so it was changed to her face. Just a little note on how covers work. This is also why things get changed halfway through a series. Trying to make it work."
- Kiera Cass also stated that all information which were already an extra content of The Selection Stories: The Prince and The Guard are not included in Happily Ever After.
- The book is only about the first generation of The Selection series. Thus it doesn't include any information about Eadlyn's Selection in The Heir and The Crown.
- With 416 pages, it is the biggest book of The Selection Series.