Kiera Marie Cass is the #1 New York Times Bestselling author of The Selection Series.
Kiera Cass was born on May 19, 1981.
She began writing after a local tragedy in 2007, releasing the self-published book The Siren in 2009 while she was pregnant with her first son.
Three years later, she got HarperTeen to take on The Selection, which came out on April 19, 2012. The second book in the series, The Elite, was released on April 23, 2013. The third and originally last book to the series, The One, was released on May 6, 2014. A new book, The Heir, about the Selection of Eadlyn Schreave (Prince Maxon's and America's daughter), was released on May 5, 2015. The final book, The Crown, was released on May 3, 2016.
Along with her books, she wrote two companion novels to The Selection: The Prince and The Guard, plus The Selection Stories, a combination of the two digital novellas. She wrote two more novellas: The Queen, released on December 2, 2014, about Queen Amberly's Selection and The Favorite, in Marlee Tames's point of view. All already published novellas and new ones were released in an illustrated hardcover, Happily Ever After on October 13, 2015.
The Siren was re-released by HarperTeen on January 26, 2016, with a new cover and content.
Her first post-Selection YA novel is The Betrothed, "an epic royal romance" with a new world and characters. It focuses on Hollis Brite, a daughter of nobility who has captured the heart of the king, yet she fells in love with a commoner. The book was published on May 5, 2020 and it is the first in a new duology.
She is married to Callaway Cass. They have two children, a son named Guyden and a daughter named Zuzu.
The Selection Books Edit
- The Selection (March 26, 2012, and April 24, 2012)
- The Elite (April 23, 2013)
- The One (May 6, 2014)
- The Heir (May 5, 2015)
- The Crown (May 3, 2016)
The Selection Novellas Edit
- The Prince (March 5, 2013, and February 4, 2014)
- The Guard (February 4, 2014)
- The Queen (December 2, 2014)
- The Favorite (October 13, 2015)
- Happily Ever After: Companion to the Selection Series (October 13, 2015)
- The Selection Coloring Book (December 27, 2016)
Other Works Edit
- The Siren- Self-published in 2009. It was re-released by HarperTeen. (January 26, 2016)
- The Betrothed (May 5, 2020)
- Cass loves cake.
- She hates cold vegetables and never eats salads.
- She doesn't drink coffee or tea, but she likes hot chocolate.
- Her favorite color is gray.
- In high school, she was a second soprano in an award-winning chamber choir.
- Her little brother calls her Kiki, sometimes Keeka.
- When she goes on the road for book events, she collects and saves all her hotel keys. In 2 years, she has collected about 30 keys.
- Kiera Cass has kissed approximately 14 boys in her life; however, none of them was a prince.
- She rejected her husband three times before she started dating him.
- She had started writing a new series, but that book is currently in the drawer.
- She stated in her Tumblr and her Instagram that her first post-Selection story's timeline is very "complicated and requires a lot of research and organization", so she had to straighten "some key things out". It is currently unknown whether this is the story of The Betrothed.
- She stated that she is happy that The Selection was not picked up as a television series because she disliked the written script.
- She had habits, as stated in an interview while she was in the Philippines, like putting on different lotions for different books.
- Just like her characters, Kiera sketches outfits.
In the media Edit
Kiera Cass is active in the social media, answering fan questions and giving information about her books. You can see them here: